Wednesday 15 July 2015

I'm lost!



It's Wednesday so it must be Friday..... as in Fictioneers you understand! Thanks for another interesting prompt Roshelle.














I was lost in Rome, Prague or Paris - wherever, and asking passersby for directions to my hotel. 

My Italian, Czech and French is non bene, špatný, pas bon! Particularly words like left, right and straight ahead which are quite important when lost. I attempted to explain it had a check pattern roof (so it probably was the Czech Republic!) and I found myself in a chequered paved square, a bank, then a shop selling chess boards!

Suddenly an inconsiderate pigeon pooped on me. I angrily looked up, then spotted the hotel roof!  I recovered with a cold  bira...pivo...biero!


I've just discovered Sandra Crook's photo is of Dijon, home of French mustard so it's actually.... erm....France!

11 comments:

  1. Enlightment can come from the strangest of places (and things). LOL! Cute story.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Rosey,

    Pigeons are speak the same language the world over.

    Shalom,

    Rochelle

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those darn pigeons - great story.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cold Bier, bière, beer, is the best method to get over that traumatic experience. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ah, Crap-Nav. Pigeons are good for something after all? Def time for a cold one!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Funny! If I traveled alone this would definitely be me.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Silver linings! She may have gotten pooped on but the result was finding her way! Definitely time for a cold one!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I've been to all those cities, but I never drank any beer. Maybe it's time to go back? Loved the story, great sense of humor.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Cute reflection. Pigeon poop is never a welcome gift.

    MG

    ReplyDelete
  10. I saw that image and was hit by a feeling of Dijon vu - the same mustard as before. Maybe the pigeon needs a beer too.

    ReplyDelete