Friday 1 April 2016

Dreaming...

At Friday Fictioneers, the photo prompt comes to us courtesy of  Marie Gail Stratford. Rochelle is our host










I was sitting outside Starbucks cradling a mug of coffee. The rain-sodden street was filled with bustling shoppers. A girl caught my eye; she carried a bright yellow umbrella. I realised she was looking at me. She held out her hand. 'Come’ she said. ‘Fly with me’.

I stood, my hand in hers. As we drifted upwards, I looked down at the miserable scene below. I looked up and her yellow umbrella beamed golden sunlight onto my face. A sense of warmth spread through my body.

It was then I realised I’d spilt coffee in my lap and everything had returned to normal.


3 comments:

  1. Talk about getting into a daydream!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oops! Nice take on the prompt.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dear Rosey,

    Daydreams can seem so real. Nice one.

    Shalom,

    Rochelle

    ReplyDelete