Sunday 2 August 2015

'Open wide...ha ha ha..!'

Keith bet me I couldn't use all 12 words of this week's Sunday Whirl prompt. They are teeth, radiant (like me!) shallow (not like me!) emerge, track river, bones (did I ever tell you that my cats like chewing bones? I sometimes wonder if they are actually dogs) Where was I? longing, reveal mask, collapse, reel. No problem matey!


I emerged from the dentist’s surgery with my teeth aching more than they did when I went in. What a sadist! Even the bone at the top of my head ached (my skull that is - I had to find a use for the word bones!) I was in so much pain I thought I might collapse in a quivering heap.

He had such a scary face. It didn’t look reel (sorry, had to find a use for that word too!) I was thinking it must be a halloween mask he was wearing. His eyes pierced me even more than his needle. I was longing to reach up and drag it off and reveal a happy radiant smiley face. But I thought better of it. He was hacking away at me enough as it was; I didn’t want to rile him.

Anyway, I had escaped, so I decided to take the track down to the river and relax for a while by gazing at the little fishes in the shallows. Fish are supposed to be calming I believe which is  why nice dentists often have a tank of them in their torture chambers. Mine doesn't - if he did he'd probably eat them with chips. 

Let me check..erm.....yep, all the words used up! I'm off to claim my reward.


3 comments:

  1. No reward for you Rosey because you should have said as you walked by the river that you wished you had brought your fishing reel even though I guess you don't have one, or do you? But as usual you made me laugh...Thanks.

    ReplyDelete