It was so funny! Daddy was mowing the lawn when suddenly there was a bang and the electricity went off. Earlier that day he’d laid a cable to his shed – he’s too mean to employ an electrician. It was obviously a bit too close to the surface and he must have chopped it with the mower. Anyway, he went to the fuse box, flicked the switch and as if by magic everything started working again.
You may remember me telling you about my parent's pet peacock. It’s called Fanny because of its tail. Later that day whilst enjoying its evening constitutional it must have trodden on the damaged cable because it light up like a Christmas decoration!
Fortunately apart from being a bit singed around the nether regions it was unharmed, otherwise it would have been on the festive menu instead of turkey this year!
P.S. It's been renamed Sparky!