Friday 13 November 2015

You learn something every day!


At first I liked this week’s word at Sunday Scribblings 2 – now I’m not so sure!

I can’t be the only person that thought having a velvet tongue meant you had a special smooth way with words, surely.  

When I told my mates I was thinking of changing the bi-line of this bloggamy-do-da to The Girl with a Velvet Tongue, they thought I was going to write a sequel to 50 Shades of Rude.

I’ve never been so embarrassed in my life as when they showed me its meaning on Google.
So I’ve decided to leave the name the same otherwise Blogger will end up  X-rating it!

2 comments:

  1. Personally I am sad Rosey that our beautiful language is sullied this way, not so much by the innuendo but by the desecration of such beautiful words such as velvet in cheap and tawdry literature which will soon be forgotten but the words shamed forever.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I guess it tipped the scales huh - me and Alice always make mistakes like that Rosey - i think it is the sign of an innocent mind (a-hem)

    ReplyDelete