Sunday 14 June 2015

Trust me!

I've just heard about A Prompt Each Day so I thought I'd dip a toe in the water! Today's prompt is Trust

I like to think that people trust me. They often say they do. I can’t tell how many times people have said to me ‘Trust you Rosey!’

If you follow my friend Keith’s blog, Keith’s Ramblings, I don’t have to tell you that I have the unfortunate habit of putting my foot in it. By the way, I did that literally the other day in the park. I do wish dog owners would clear up their mess – I mean the dog’s mess, not their mess! I digress.

Where was I? Oh yes, I always seem to say the wrong thing at the wrong time. Like last Saturday, or was it Sunday? Anyway, I saw Mr Michelson walking down the street carrying a beautiful bunch of flowers. I said how gorgeous they were and I asked if they were for Mrs Michelson. Then I said I was dying for the day a man gives me a bunch like that. He went very quiet and a tear appeared in the corner of his eye (I think it was his right one) and  he said ‘Yes Rosey, I’m putting them on her grave’. Well, how was I to know she’d died?

I was telling my mates about it in the pub that evening. Guess what they said? You got it – ‘Trust you Rosey!’


(You owe me for that plug Keithy Boy!)



2 comments:

  1. have a nice Sunday Rosie; this is only my second Sunday posting here

    much love...

    ReplyDelete
  2. aah...truly the words were made of teardrops...

    ReplyDelete